To reach the Artist Page for the artist shown below, click on the artist's name or thumbnail image.
|Zaher Bizri||Biography: Zaher El-Bizri is a young Lebanese artist. He specializes in painting and mixed-media pictorial and plastic arts.
He developed a refined expertise in watercolors, in oil paintings, charcoal drawing, and graphic design, with a highly skilled use of Information Technology tools besides classical artistic media.
El-Bizri focuses principally on representational and pictorial depictions of everyday scenes and quotidian intimate public spaces, of diverse characters and portraits, while being particularly inspired by the Levantine Mediterranean cultural milieu, and primarily by the architecture of the medieval quarters of the ancient Lebanese port city of Sidon (Saida). His artistic endeavors explore the profound promising potentials that remain presently contained within classical styles in painting, as well as experimenting with abstract configurations in pictorial art. His artistic activities are also situated within urban places, and they act as inspirational catalysts for stimulating dynamic cultural practices in the public domain in the form of installations, sculptures, and series of murals.
El-Bizri received his Diploma in Fine Arts (Beaux Arts) in 2000, from the Lebanese University in Beirut. His prolific artistic productions and creative works have been exhibited on a regular basis since 1998 in numerous prestigious art galleries and venues. He has been also formally invited to participate in multiple international and national artistic events and cultural festivals organized by art associations, cultural societies,and diverse distinguished learned institutions, including the UNESCO, The Arab Cultural Club (Beirut), the Centre Culturel Français, and the Forum de Beyrouth. He furthermore received several awards and honorary citations in recognition of his artistic talent and the merits of his oeuvre. His work has also been communicated in public talks, reviewed in collective monographs, and covered by the press, in addition to various radio and television interviews.
Country: Lebanon Birthyear: 17-1-1977 Galleries: - UNESCO Palace, Beirut 2007.
- Khan El-Franj, Saida (April 2007).
- The Lebanese Artists Association for Painting and Sculpture, Beirut (January 2006).
- The Lebanese Artists Association for Painting and Sculpture: Shouayfat,
Beirut (July 2005).
- The Lebanese National Solidarity Exhibition: The Lebanese Artists Association
for Painting and Sculpture, Beirut (March 2005). and 30 others... Awards: - Committee for Commemorating the Heritage of Abey: Abey, Mount Lebanon
(21 August 2005).
- Al-Day’a Exhibition: Beirut (04 June 2004).
- Damascus Exhibition (02 December 2003).
- The Arab Cultural Club (1 July 2003).
- The Lebanese Army: An honorary award after the military service (10 June 2003).
- The Resistance in Lebanon: (27 February 2002).
- The Union of Syndicates of Officials in Banks in Lebanon and The Lebanese
Artists Association for Painting and. Sculpture: the second prize in the
competition for the best Poster in celebrating the Lebanese Independence Day, Beirut
(5 December 2001).
- The Development Association of Gemayzeh: Gemayzeh, Beirut (28 November
- The Houdou’ Nisbi Forum: Voice of the People Broadcasting, Beirut (25 October
- Committee for Commemorating the Heritage of Abey: Abey, Mount Lebanon
(27 September 2001).
- Youth Association for Social Awareness (YASA) Honorary Award: UNESCO,
Beirut (29 October 1999).
- Cultural Council of South Lebanon Honorary Award: Beirut (April 1998). Media: watercolor Style: realistic Subjects: people, portraits and characters|