|john lathram||Biography: Area of Study and Research Interests:
As I have come from a self taught painter and medical (veterinarian and show dog breeder and groomer) background, my work is widely dispersed. As an artist who constantly reads anything from trashy pulp fiction novels to my monthly subscriptions to Dwell Magazine, Food and Wine, Photonics, Scientific American, Utne Reader, and anything in between, my interests and hopefully my artwork reflects this.
In addition to my readings, I am an avid landscaper, knowing the latin names of to many species of plant life, I have designed for Roche Bobois (exclusive and luxurious furniture company) in the late eighties, tended bar at exclusive now defunct disco in New York, Bred world Champion poodles, lived in the ghettos of both New York and Columbus, teach, tend bar and have come close to death twice. I love life, live life and crave the learning experience that life has to offer.
Other areas of study deal with cultural and gender specific studies using
2d digital manipulation processes.
I am interested in the transhumanist experience and how I might create works of art that reflect this travel.
Country: usa Birthyear: 1962 Galleries:
2007 December, QMAD, Queens Media Arts Development at Queens Museum of Art. NY, NY.
2007 Fall Hopkins Hall Faculty Artist Show Columbus, Ohio
* 2006 Winter / Spring Hopkins Hall, Visiting Artist Show, Columbus Ohio
* 2006 Gallery Upstairs, Columbus, Ohio Video � 20 Artists / 20 Video
* 2006 Ohio Art League Video - Until
* 2004 New Media Arts Festival, Bangkok, Thailand, Select video and robotic works
* 2003 Eyebeam Gallery, Artbots, New York CityTelevisuality For Xenia - The Watchers
* 2003 Haskett Gallery, Columbus, OH Televisuality For Xenia � The Watchers
* 2003 Hopkins Gallery, Columbus, OH Televisuality For Xenia (phase one)
* 2002 The Ohio Art League, Columbus, OH The Reader
* 2002 Pratt Art Institute, Brooklyn, New York The Reader
* 2002Acme Art Company Columbus, OH Group - Juried, exhibit, Digital works
* 2002 Exposures Gallery Columbus, OH Juried, Group Exhibit, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell, v1.0"/ digital media
* 2002 Columbus, OH Hopkins Gallery The Reader
* 2000 Columbus Cultural Arts Center Columbus, OH
"A Day Without Art" Group Show of Digital Works
* 2000 Sound Stage Gallery, Columbus, OH
Waterfall- holographic Installation The Auto baptismal - Robotics/video installation
* 2000 Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus, OH Virgin Mary and I / digital work, Juried Exhibition
* 1999 Stonewall Gallery, Columbus, OH Paintings, new media
* 1999 Sound Stage Gallery, Columbus, OH Stage one of Music for Twelve Trees
* 1999 Cultural Arts Center, Columbus, OH Juried exhibit Ohio Art League
* 1998 Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus, OH. group exhibit/Benefit for Columbus AIDS Task Force,
Columbus, OH, Hopkins Gallery
Columbus, OH Acme Art Company,
Music For Twelve Trees
Media: other, Computer based sculpture using living trees Style: visionary|