August 2001. Issue 22
Martine Jacobs is the August 2001 Digital Color Artist.
Martine is from Holland. Her father was a designer and her mother his regular model. As a child she absorbed
the feel of her father’s studio and drawing room with enormous sheets of paper and, rolls of fabrics from all
parts of the world. She took her pastels to Portugal, where she sold her first painting, to Californa, Morocco
She has created pastel works on plywood, digital art, and found her own concept: the world of postage stamp.
Gluing and cutting, tearing, drawing too, manipulating assorted stamps into a work of art. Martine has had
exhibits throughout the Netherlands, in Morocco, France, Spain, Japan, Germany and Italy.
The following artists have been added to the database since the
last newsletter. To view the work of any artist go to
and enter any part of the artists name. To see the 50 most recent
artists go to
- Medha K. Mystical light and color.
- Komaromi Sandor. Abstract fractals.
- Frans Herpelinck. From Belgium. Abstract landscapes.
- Mariano Petit de Murat. From Mexico. Surreal characters.
- Kimberly Graham. Horses in Oil.
- sebastian fariña petersen. Photography from Argentina.
- Julius Bryson. Lightswitch plates.
- Franco Donaggio. Digital Photography from Italy.
- Darcy Gerdes. Fantasy watercolors.
- Sarah Skapin. Abstract digital art.
- Michael Taylor. Realisit interiors for the U.K.
- Al Venti. Obstructionism drawing.
- Ronald Reekers. Impressionistic landscapes.
- Bryan Kemila. Watercolor portraits.
- J. Fair. Psychedelic shapes.
- Catherine MARCHÉ. Expressionistic oils from the U.K.
- Pablo Rios. Random photography.
- John Reuss. Surrealistic, existential and psychological.
- Enid Kaplan. Mixed media portraits from Cananda.
- Peter Jones. Surrealistic light and color from Indonesia.
- Heather Lynn Gordon. Modern photography.
- Samuel Sapkin. Abstract photography.
- Avni Oztopcu. Abstract oils from Turkey.
- Teresa Muñoz. Oils from Spain.
- Zafar Saeed Malik. Photography from Pakistan.
- Linda Plaisted. Mystical collage.
- Catalin Popa. Abstract shapes and forms.
Registration and Updates.
If you wish to register as an artist, use the form at
Our programs will enter your information in the public
database and create a page for you. If you are already
registered, you may use the Edit link at the bottom of
your page to upload a new image directly from your computer
or otherwise update your page or database entry.
The Digital Color Art Awards.
accepts nominations for art awards, juries the nominees on
the basis of art published on the Internet, and promotes
the winning artists. Winners are announced on the 23rd of
each month. Nominations close on the 9th of each month to
leave ample time for deliberation. To nominate an artist
use the form at