Sixth Edition, March 2000
The Digital Consciousness Artist Database
Digital Consciousness is a public database of contemporary art.
It features an extraordinary group of emerging artists. Each artist
has a dynamic registry generally consisting of an image of the artist's
work and a brief biography.
Craig Screven is the March 2000 Digital Color Artist
of the Month. He creates art that shows political, historical,
and social events. His art shows a strong use of line and of
the primary colors. His favorite medium is oil paint and the
Peter Tanner's registry has been updated with a gallery
of virtual images from 1998 and 1999. It includes an animation file
that he put together with 3D Studio Max 2. The life in the creatures
is phenomenal. Human characters are next.
There are fourteen new artists:
- John A. Benigno -- A portfolio of fine art, black and white
- Wulf Peter Bestmann -- drawing and painting with pencil and
- Sergio Robert Borges de Souza -- ink drawing, oleim painting and
print engraving from Brazil.
- Carlos Camus -- When Carlos was a boy his dream was to be
one of the best painters, Estudy Arquitecture, and then have
his own Atelier.
- Charles Davis -- painter and printmaker living in Memphis,
Tennessee. He holds MFA and BFA degrees and has taught art
at the college level.
- Angela Di Marco-Olguin -- Painter and photographer. Exhibited
in many gallerys in Melbourne Australia.
- Glen Etzkorn -- Apprentice to the father of colored OP Art
during the optic battles of the mid-sixties, and the discoverer
of the double or reverse after-image system.
- Dominique Faivre -- French Artist now residing in Canada.
Original oil paintings
- Giacomo Piccoli -- Painter and Sculptor, President of Art Gallery
in Rome Italy, for international artists.
- Oscar Sanz -- Spanish, 21. Contemporary painting.
- Gary Sauder -- Wildlife art, portraits and figures, as well as
some sports art.
- Craig Screven -- The March Artist of the Month. Art that shows
political, historical, and social events.
- S. S. Shankar -- His works represent the path of the spiritual
aspirant and his exploration of the divine through art.
- Ryan Tansey -- Young aspiring artist, still in highschool.
If you wish to register as an artist, use the form found at
The Digital Color Art Awards
accepts nominations for art awards, juries the nominees on the basis
of art published on the Internet, and promotes the winning artists.
The Digital Color Jury includes renowned artists and gallery owners
from around the world. Winners are announced on the 23rd of each month.
Nominations close on the 9th of each month to leave ample time
If you wish to nominate an artist use the form
If you wish to be on the jury, fill in the short
application found at
Digital Consciousness News is e-mailed monthly to selected media
outlets and to people who have subscribed, have been nominated
for an Art award, have e-mailed us, or who appear in the site.
If you don't want to receive it again, reply to that effect and