Eighth Edition, May 2000
Sculptor Michael Millevolte is the May Digital Color Artist of the month. Michael studied kinetic art at the
University of Wisconsin Madison. Influences include: Maholy-Nagy, Calder, Mondrian, Kandinsky, Tanguely and Takis.
In the past 12 years The artist has created hundreds of one of a kind kinetic sculptures assembled from discarded
cassette players, VCR parts, TVs, radios and various fans. Millevolte's art intends to mesmerize the viewer wih
hypnotic color and form. For his work in ultraviolet light and motion the artist has been awarded 2 U.S. patents.
The database has been split into four major categories, each of which can be easily accessed through Digital
- Oils, Arylics and Mixed Media
- Drawings, Photographs, Enhanced Photos, Animation, and Computer Generations
- Sculpture, Authors, and Performance Art
There are two new artists in the Watercolor category:
- German hernandez Navarro -- Mexico; cityscapes and landscapes.
- Fabiana Kofman -- Argintine dolphins.
There are tweleve new artists in the Oils, acrylics and mixed media category:
- Alec Joseph Becker -- Canada; landscapes
- Maibrit Bo -- Denmark
- RONI GOLAN -- oil on wood
- Irina Kupyrova -- exhibits in Prague
- Marianne Molgard -- Sweeden. Portraiture is her passion.
- Esther Nienaber -- Australia
- Angela Olguin -- Australia
- Ray Ottulich -- landscape noir, surreal, deamscapes, 3d models
- Gordon Pynn -- Canada; wildlife art
- Greg Ratajik -- emotion through oil
- SEDAS -- Belgium
- 0le Ziger -- Denmark
There are eighteen new artists in the Drawings, Photographs, Enhanced Photos, Animation,
and Computer Generations category:
- Adam Butler -- British photographer
- Massimo Cremagnani -- Italy
- Chris Geary-Durrill -- eclectic computer art
- Joe Host -- Realistic Impressionism; self portrait
- Martine Jacobs -- Tibetian Faces
- Erik de Jong -- digital art
- Egon & Elska Kraak -- Dutch
- Rev. Illuminatus Maximus -- gnosticism
- Ruben Montecinos -- graphic artist
- Hans Martin Řien -- Norway
- Chris Opfell -- drawings
- Marquis de Panasewicz -- Las Vegas illustrator
- Luc Pilmeyer -- Belgium. Colored pencil work
- RENATA RATAJCZYK -- fantasy digital manipulations
- Reinhard Schmid -- surreal images
- Isaura Simon -- fantasay art
- Steve Smalley -- U.K. Commissioned portraits.
- Michael Wolff -- artist and musician
There are six new artists in the Sculpture, Authors, and Performance Art category:
- Maitre Andre -- Swiss sculptor
- Marion Griffith -- painting on skin
- Yuko Takada Keller -- 3-dimensional paper works, made from tracing paper.
- Matt Lucas -- sculpted a motorcycle out of vacuum cleaner parts.
- Lorn R. Marshall -- craftsman
- Michael Millevolte -- the May Digital Color artist
If you wish to register as an artist, use the form found at
The Digital Color Art Awards
accepts nominations for art awards, juries the nominees on the basis
of art published on the Internet, and promotes the winning artists.
The Digital Color Jury includes renowned artists and gallery owners
from around the world. Winners are announced on the 23rd of each month.
Nominations close on the 9th of each month to leave ample time
If you wish to nominate an artist use the form
If you wish to be on the jury, fill in the short
application found at
Digital Consciousness News -- Emerging Artists is posted
in art related news groups and e-mailed monthly to registered
artists, to persons who have nominated an artist for an award and
to subscribers. If you don't want to receive it again, reply to
that effect and you won't.